Five easy ways to make your uni room more eco-friendly
Five easy ways to make your uni room more eco-friendly – Nowadays people are becoming more conscious about the environment. Being eco-friendly, they not only contribute to sustainable development but also save money. There are various effective methods and products using which now people are making their home eco-friendly. Using these products will help them to keep their environment free from pollution like land pollution, air pollution, water pollution, etc. Electric appliances are being used that are eco-friendly and save energy. Ways to make your non-green home into an eco-friendly home:Read More
1. Save energy:Now, most of the electrical appliances are availablewith star rating. These ratings are given based on the ability of the applianceto conserve energy. You can get these appliances installed to save energy. Ifyou are using a regular bulb, it is better to switch to LED bulbs
If you are leaving home, don’t forget to switch off thelights. During day time, you can open the windows and doors to allow thesunlight to come in. It will not only save electricity but also it will killthe micro-organisms present in the room. They can also install sensors whichwill activate the lights only when they are needed.
2. Clean the air:
- Makehome a non-smoking zone: They can ban the use of cigarette or otherchemical substance inside their home.
- Growindoor plants: Growing plants inside their home will absorb the toxicand harmful pollutants that are emitted from furniture, rugs, different typesof equipment, etc. Therefore, indoor plants act like a natural filter thatcleans the air naturally as well as economically.
3. Reduce, reuse and recycle:
You can avoid buying the products that are not eco-friendly.It will help them to reduce the collection of unnecessary items in the house.You can reuse the materials like wooden floors, windows, plastic bottles, etc.after a point of time. You can also reuse some materials in their craftwork.When the items are not good enough to be used, they can be sent to recyclingcenters.
4. Preserve water: One of the most useful and popularmethods to preserve water is rainwater harvesting. You can collect rainwater inbuckets or tubs from the roof and can use it for cleaning and sprinklingpurposes.
5. Household hazardous waste: Substances likepesticides, old computer parts, paint cans, used batteries, etc. come in thecategory of hazardous waste. you should avoid keeping it near or down thedrains of their home.