home and garden
Refer home and garden for see all types of posts in this category.
How to spend time at home during the lockdown period? Though lockdown is unfortunate economically but also it is necessary to fight the pandemic going right now in the world. Though there are many problems that come with it again it is the only way to deal with the COVID-19 viruses. It would be less problematic if you take it in a good way. It can be considered as a nationwide career break for those people who aren’t working from home. People can think thoroughly over important aspects of their lives for which they are not getting enough time in their busy routine of daily life.Read More
You can find a solution to the problem that has influenced you for a long time during this time period. You can spend time with your family listening and resolving their problems also. You can make new plans for the betterment of your life ahead and more. The motive here is that you get a lot of time to deeply think over important things that you had ignored while doing the job during the lockdown.
If you like to stay close to nature then you can try gardening. It is one of the best ways to get rid of the stress and you can also spend time growing new plants and making your place beautiful. The best thing is that you do not need much to start with this process.
If you love cooking for your family but did not get time due to your busy schedule then this is the time to cook special dishes for your family. You can also enhance your cookbook by learning new recipes online and trying them at home.
Spend some time exercising You can also utilize this time in exercising. It is a good time to work on your body. You can watch videos for help. There are several workouts that can be easily done at home. You can also practice yoga or meditate in the morning as the atmosphere is free from pollution these days. It is the perfect time to do it. You can also practice dance and do more physical activities.
If you are a gaming enthusiast then you can try exploring the new games launched in the gaming world and make new scores. You can play multiplayer games with your friends living in any part of the world and feel the same competitiveness as if you are playing in person.
Homeware trends for 2020 – There are a number of reasons that make you to change your home’s interiors. Some are occasional while some are adopted to update the home according to the trend. As the time goes, people tend to change their taste and when it comes to home then they are very particular. To update their home, they make a number of changes and addition. Most of the times, they replace the old commodity with the new one. It not only enhances the functionality but also helps in offering a new look to the houses. If you are also thinking to update your home then here are some evergreen trends that you can try out with your homes.Read More
Nothing goes old when it comes to home decorating trends andthis style is a perfect example of this. This style usually consists of severaltraditional commodities to offer a vintage look to your home no matter it is aflower vase or a dining table. If you are also looking forward to get thistheme then try to add some traditional elements rather than changing its colorand construction. Moreover, you can also buy traditional home decorative itemsavailable in the market for this look.
This trend is getting more popular in 2020 and doing itswork perfectly in making your interiors attractive and eye-catching. Moreover,it also looks sophisticated and elegant if your interior is much spacious. Inaddition, it also offers an appropriate amount of contrast with both modern andtraditional structure of your home. Applying the color on the wall or on thebed side completely changes the look of your bedroom. The best thing about thistrend is that if you have dark rooms or your home is explored to ultravioletrays then it is going to help you in both the situations.
This trend is mostly preferred by the homeowners who havesmall kids in their home because it not only keeps on entertaining theirchildren but also protects their walls from getting dirty. It could enhance thelook of the room if you introduce other matching elements in the room likecurtain, sofa, bed sheet, table top and many more. The best part of thistrending style is that you can also get various patterns and designs in thispopular trend. No matter what type of home you have, spacious or less spacious,it is always going to compliment your walls.
We recommend few well known stores joseph joseph , slumber slumber, roov, Big Bathroom shop, The Bathroom Showroom etc. in Home & Garden category where you can get discount codes for huge savings through our website.
What to prepare for Christmas! Celebrating the biggest day of the year becomes more special when you have a number of guest in your home to spend some quality time with them. If you are also expecting some guests in your home then it is important to make your house attractive and beautiful. There are a number of things in the market that you can use to decorate your home but choosing them according to the occasion plays a main role in adding a sense of royalty. If you are also thinking to make your home guest ready then here are some quick ides to make your home attractive.Read More
Keep the Christmastree simple
You all think to decorate the tree with tri-color ribbons,bells, artificial gifts, different types of lightning and many more. But thefact is that sometimes an overloaded tree can ruin the look. So, it isimportant make it as simple as possible. Keeping the tree simple not only givesit a clears vision but also provide a sense of royalty to the space. You can alsoplace your simple looking tree near your dining area without facing anyproblem.
Add a natural effectto your home
Adding the natural effect to the home can help you in agreat way. You can simply chop down some foliage from your garden. Placing thebunch of foliage to an appropriate place like staircase, over the painting,side of the mirrors etc. can make your home attractive with minimum effort.
Find small space fordecoration
If you are living in single room flat and don’t have enough space to make your flat attractive, then you don’t have to worry. There are several areas in your room like windows, top console of the table, shelves and many more that can be used to place some decorative items to make your room attractive and overwhelming. For that, you can visit the market and find some small and attractive decorative that suit your space.
String some exterior fairly lights – It is the best ways to decorate your home with a minimal effort, you can simply place some string lights on the roof tops as well as several special areas of your home. These fairy lights not only spread light in your home but also attract positive energy. Moreover, you can also use several different colors twinkling to show your celebration to your neighbors
Five easy ways to make your uni room more eco-friendly – Nowadays people are becoming more conscious about the environment. Being eco-friendly, they not only contribute to sustainable development but also save money. There are various effective methods and products using which now people are making their home eco-friendly. Using these products will help them to keep their environment free from pollution like land pollution, air pollution, water pollution, etc. Electric appliances are being used that are eco-friendly and save energy. Ways to make your non-green home into an eco-friendly home:Read More
1. Save energy:Now, most of the electrical appliances are availablewith star rating. These ratings are given based on the ability of the applianceto conserve energy. You can get these appliances installed to save energy. Ifyou are using a regular bulb, it is better to switch to LED bulbs
If you are leaving home, don’t forget to switch off thelights. During day time, you can open the windows and doors to allow thesunlight to come in. It will not only save electricity but also it will killthe micro-organisms present in the room. They can also install sensors whichwill activate the lights only when they are needed.
2. Clean the air:
- Makehome a non-smoking zone: They can ban the use of cigarette or otherchemical substance inside their home.
- Growindoor plants: Growing plants inside their home will absorb the toxicand harmful pollutants that are emitted from furniture, rugs, different typesof equipment, etc. Therefore, indoor plants act like a natural filter thatcleans the air naturally as well as economically.
3. Reduce, reuse and recycle:
You can avoid buying the products that are not eco-friendly.It will help them to reduce the collection of unnecessary items in the house.You can reuse the materials like wooden floors, windows, plastic bottles, etc.after a point of time. You can also reuse some materials in their craftwork.When the items are not good enough to be used, they can be sent to recyclingcenters.
4. Preserve water: One of the most useful and popularmethods to preserve water is rainwater harvesting. You can collect rainwater inbuckets or tubs from the roof and can use it for cleaning and sprinklingpurposes.
5. Household hazardous waste: Substances likepesticides, old computer parts, paint cans, used batteries, etc. come in thecategory of hazardous waste. you should avoid keeping it near or down thedrains of their home.
3 ways to keep the kids happy at home – Many things make a kid happy and it completely depends on their parents. Only parents can help their child to find happiness in their life and for this, they will have to give little extra efforts. In vacations, kids often get bored while staying at home because they don’t have any creativity to do. So, being a responsible parent you can help them to get out from this boring situation. You should pay attention to your kids when they are saying or want to discuss something. Behave like their friends instead of being a parent as it is the best way in which you can understand their needs. There are different things you can do for your kids:Read More
1) Bringhome a four-legged friend: Your kids may miss their friends while stayingat home and may get bored without having fun. So to add fun in their vacationsyou can bring a pet at home. Pets will keep them engaged as they will play withthem like friends. Through them you kids can learn the lesson of empathy, loyaltyand their love and attachment for animals will also increase. Pets help yourkids to make them feel valued as well as competent.
2) Painting and art craftwork: The best way to engage with your kids is doing art and craftwork. It encourages them to learn new things. You can help them in making drawing and in paintings. Teach them about different colors and also help them to make crafts using the materials available at home. This way, they will learn how to reuse things. Sometimes, you can behave as their competent and tell them those who win will get rewards which will make your kids enthusiastic to win. You can also give puzzles to solve which will increase their mental capacity.
3) Planting trees in your garden area: Tell them about the importance of planting trees and make them aware of global warming. It will help to become responsible for the environment. So, bring the seedlings and teach them step by step process to plant the trees. You can tell your kids that the seedlings you are planting today are going to give you fruits in the future. This will increase their enthusiasm and they will take care of them by watering them regularly which will keep them engage and will also add fun to their daily activity.
Best garden decor ideas to bring your home outdoors – Vintage, modern and traditional, these are some unique styles that you can use for decorating your garden. Well decorated and beautiful plants with colorful flowers not only create a wonderful environment in your surrounding but also enhance your home value. It doesn’t matter how big or small your outdoor garden space is, you can choose various ideas to create an awesome feel when you plan a small party or feel relaxed during mornings and evenings. You can use various kinds of garden decoration ideas which are given below . You can shop with joseph joseph, slumber slumber, Heat and cool, Abba patio , garden chic to fullfill your dream.Read More
- Vintage plates and planter chairs – if you have any painted metal lawn chair then you can use it as a planter chair for decorating your garden. You can decorate this chair with beautiful flower pots which will give the garden a unique design. You can also use uniquely designed vintage plates to decorate the garden walls. Vintage plates and chair will add a charming appeal to your vintage garden style or idea.
2. Beautiful garden ornaments – garden ornaments are another option for decorating your garden in a different style. You can buy various kinds of garden ornaments like wooden snail with light up snail, solar lily, angle with glowing dove, colorful glass bowl, moon with glowing crystal, etc. You can keep it on the stairs of deck in your garden or pair it with some tiny plants in your garden. If you want to add some unique designs then you can also hang beautiful garden ornaments on the trees of the garden.
3. Ceramic pots with stand – there are various designs and shapes of ceramic pots available in the market. Some pots come with wooden stand which is beautifully designed to hold the pots with flower in your garden. Pot with stand helps you to free up some space in your garden and allows you to keep more beautiful plants in your garden.
4. Wonderful light – lighting plays an important role in the decoration of the garden. You can use twinkle lights and beautiful garden path lights for lighting up the space during nights. These lights come in various colors and designs, so you can choose your desirable lights for installing in your garden space. If you don’t want to pay huge electricity bills on the garden light electricity consumption then solar garden lights a