It lists all posts of Life Style
7 ways to embrace JOMO (The Joy Of Missing Out) this January-January could be the best month to embrace JOMO in your life because in this cold festival season you have much time to sit and remember your mistakes and promise yourself not to repeat them. Moreover, you can also plan a trip with your family or cousins to divert your mind from old and bad memories. If you are also going from any such situation then these seven ways to embrace JOMO can greatly help you.Read More
Finish the entertainment box -Instead of watching normal TV programs and movies, you should enhance your entertainment quality a bit just by adding several streaming channels. Manage to finish the entire box of the set that has attracted you this festival season with your favorite snacks and beverages. Try to explore other entertaining series and invite your friends to enjoy with you.
Enhance your skills and knowledge
You can do this just by subjecting yourself to different books and reading elements. You can explore some cultural books to know more about historical living and ethics. No matter in which subject you are interested, manage some time to explore the books.
Give a change to your cooking talent
Invest your afternoon time in doing experiments with different ingredients and dishes to find out new delicious ones. You can also take help from several online cookery classes, and if you have children in your home then also involve them in your cooking activities. Give them some small work like washing the vegetables and handling ingredients etc.
Start your home work out
If you are feeling a little low and don’t want to go out for workouts then try to subject yourself towards light workout sessions and activities. For that, you don’t have to purchase gym equipment, you can simply use several old things lying in your home as gym equipment like rods as bench press rod and many more.
The New Year always offers you the opportunity to start a new life with fresh memories and experience by replacing the old and demotivating things. For that, check out your drawers and start sorting things. Also, take a look at your wardrobe and arrange it properly if it is messy.
If you are feeling a bit distracted with your old memories and annoying people, try to forget about them and meditate yourself to make your mind calm down. If this is also not working for you then lock yourself in a dark room and enjoy the soft music along with your favorite drink or mocktail.
Set your goal As January hits this world everyone has their plans and goals that they want to gain and complete. If you are not one of them then try to set a goal that you want to achieve in the present year and try to work according to that only
3 must read books during December holidays-Books are extremely important in the day to day life of humans. Even during early periods, books were given a divine status. People often say that books are the best friend of humans as they tell them about things that they may have not seen with their own eyes. People read books to broaden their knowledge and sometimes to simply get entertained.Read More
The December holidays are a great time to read books. You can simply lie back in your blanket and start reading a book of any genre you want. Books will help you to know more while enhancing your vocabulary and making you aware of things that you never knew existed. The following are the 3 books that you must definitely read during December break.
- How to win friends and influence people
If you are looking for a motivational book that can help you to get motivated for the upcoming session or will teach you the path to success, this book from Dale Carnegie will be perfect for you. This book will tell you about business and personal relationships and will take you on a journey of a successful man. Considered to be a classic treat for businessmen all around the world, this is one of the bestselling novels of all times.
- The hitchhikers guide to galaxy
Written by Douglas Adams, this is one of the most famous comedy science fiction novels of all times. If you are looking to explore the depth of galaxy in a fun and engaging way, this will be the best option for your reading appetite. The story of this novel revolves around protagonist, Arthur Dent. Arthur is the last remaining survivor after earth is destroyed. He takes an intergalactic bypass and travels around the galaxy. During his journey, he meets with a lot of different alien species like, Marvin the depressed android, Zaphod Beeblebrox and many more. This book will surely tickle your bones with its humor.
- The diary of a young girl
The best work of Annie Frank and one of the best novels of all times, this is a perfect read for your December holidays.This novel will take you through the life of a young girl through raw accounts of her daily life. She believes that people in the world are still good from heart and also that the world is very beautiful. The diary of a young girl is a book that will change your perspective of life.
Tips to kickstart your fitness mojo : Even that person who loves workout may find himself in a rut with fitness sometimes. Sometimes, it’s your body that is not in the condition for a workout or used to it, or it’s your mind that gets bored that you don’t notice any positive result. This can down your morale and motivation and you may change your mood for going to the gym for a workout. There could be various reasons for such problems, sometimes you have to do hard work to get your workout mojo back. To help you out, here are some tips that may help you in finding your joy again.Read More
Try to implement a new pattern
If you have tried and done something for a long time, then change the pattern, something new can be a boost for your body. It is the fact that the human body is adaptable and if you practice something for a long time, the body doesn’t get much effect after some time. So, if you are also facing such a problem then it’s time to change the exercise pattern. Changing the pattern should be simple like heading towards cycling rather than running, or adding some yoga and dance steps to your workout.
Buy new workout accessories Every time you buy any workout accessory, you are always excited to try them and start your workout. So if your accessories are a little old then buy the new ones that motivate you towards workout. Try to visit the new gym with new and high-technologies for a trail that may also increase your motivation and help in getting your mojo back. If you workout at your home then add some new workout equipment.
Set a challenge for yourself — You can also set a challenge for yourself, to achieve that goal, or to beat the challenge you will do extra hard work. Or you can also set an everyday challenge like you will do some extra repetition or set in comparison to the previous day. That may encourage your mind and body too to achieve it and it will automatically uplift your confidence.
Keep the surrounding inspirational – Don’t let your de-motivation attack your mind. To avoid such a situation try to find some inspirational quotes and put them in your room. Always try to follow your athlete or bodybuilder ideal and listen to their stories and biography in your free time. It may motivate you to become like them. Don’t listen to what other people are saying always ignore the negative thoughts that strike your mind.
How to tackle homesickness in your university life? Moving away from home to start university life in another state or country is a big step for the students. Homesickness is quite a common problem that everyone suffers from. It is too common among new children embarking on their university careers. According to research, 70% of fresher suffer from homesickness within the first week of joining the university. In some cases, it claims to have a great effect on the child’s health and mental condition. From building a supportive network of friends to keeping your mummy on speed-dial, there are various tips to balance such a situation and tackle the problem of homesickness.Read More
Don’t lock yourself in your room
It might be good to treat your room as a little haven, but spending too much time in a locked room will make you feel bored and it will get worse with time. It will make your feelings more intense and make you think of your home. To avoid this feeling try to keep yourself busy by going out, organizing day trips with your friends. Spend your study time in the library rather than in your room, if possible get a part-time job and try some extracurricular activities.
Bring some home comforts
Carry some of your home memories with you that can help you in your hard time. Whether it is your teddy bear or favorite blanket everyone has some elements that cheer up their emotions. You can also buy some elements like TV, laptops tablets and many more for your entertainment that can help in your boring time.
Explore your surrounding
Always go out with your roommate of friends to explore your surroundings and spend some quality time with them. Most of the students face this type of problem because they don’t want to make new friends and lock them up in four walls. This can lead to anxiety or depression and to avoid such problems you should make new friends and plan an outing with them that will change your surroundings and make you feel better. You can also plan trips with them when you get free time.
Keep yourself fit
Make your healthy routine and try to follow it. Most of the students just lock themselves in the room and study for 12-14 hours a day and some of them study the whole night and sleep for the whole day. This habit can make you lazy and affect your mental condition. To avoid this kind of habit, you should wake up early in the morning and try to work out. If possible you can also take a gym membership.
Effective tips to stay fit without leaving home. Today every other person wants to stay fit and maintain their good figure. They join gym and spend hours there sweating to stay in shape. If you don’t like to go to the gym, you can stay fit even at your home by following some regular tips. There are many ways to stay healthy and to eat healthy. You just have to plan it out according to your need and daily schedule. Here are some amazing and effective tips to stay fit at home.Read More
- Follow exercise schedule at home –Make a proper schedule and take out some time for doing regular morning exercise for at least 30 – 40 minutes. Start with the warm up exercises like light jumping, jogging and little stretches. This is to relax your stiff muscles and prepare them for the further exercises. Perform functional body exercises like squats, sit-up, push ups, walking lunges, etc. These exercises are helpful in maintaining your toned muscles and their proper functioning. Follow with the dynamic stretches and then relax your body.
- Small exercising equipment can be effective – small exercising equipment like hand dumbbells, jumping ropes, etc. help in various exercises and also come at very affordable prices. Jumping ropes serve as great equipment for the cardio exercise and performing daily 10 minutes of cardio will make your all exercises more effective and give you the faster results. Hand dumbbells will help you in making your squats more powerful.
- Smart eating habits – eating healthy is also very important along with the regular exercises. Avoid sugary drinks and other high fat rich food items. Choose the diet plan which is rich in protein to develop stronger muscles. Drink green tea or lemon tea regularly to cut down the extra intake of fats in your body. Go for the smaller portion in each meal and increase the number of meals in a day to balance the diet chart. Replace the high calorie snacks in your kitchen with the fruits and nuts so you can choose among the healthy food when you want to munch.
- Regular sleep is important – many people ignore this fact that a healthy body needs a good amount of sleep every night. Improper sleep can make you feel drowsy and tired throughout the day which also affects your immune system. You should sleep well and have a good amount of sleep regularly to stay fresh and active when you wake up as your body needs some good rest after the entire day.
visit out USA Home Page for More Health related offer.
Five easy ways to make your uni room more eco-friendly – Nowadays people are becoming more conscious about the environment. Being eco-friendly, they not only contribute to sustainable development but also save money. There are various effective methods and products using which now people are making their home eco-friendly. Using these products will help them to keep their environment free from pollution like land pollution, air pollution, water pollution, etc. Electric appliances are being used that are eco-friendly and save energy. Ways to make your non-green home into an eco-friendly home:Read More
1. Save energy: Now, most of the electrical appliances are available with star rating. These ratings are given based on the ability of the appliance to conserve energy. You can get these appliances installed to save energy. If you are using a regular bulb, it is better to switch to LED bulbs
If you are leaving home, don’t forget to switch off the lights. During day time, you can open the windows and doors to allow the sunlight to come in. It will not only save electricity but also it will kill the micro-organisms present in the room. They can also install sensors which will activate the lights only when they are needed.
2. Clean the air:
- Make home a non-smoking zone: They can ban the use of cigarette or other chemical substance inside their home.
- Grow indoor plants: Growing plants inside their home will absorb the toxic and harmful pollutants that are emitted from furniture, rugs, different types of equipment, etc. Therefore, indoor plants act like a natural filter that cleans the air naturally as well as economically.
3. Reduce, reuse and recycle:
You can avoid buying the products that are not eco-friendly. It will help them to reduce the collection of unnecessary items in the house. You can reuse the materials like wooden floors, windows, plastic bottles, etc. after a point of time. You can also reuse some materials in their craftwork. When the items are not good enough to be used, they can be sent to recycling centers.
4. Preserve water: One of the most useful and popular methods to preserve water is rainwater harvesting. You can collect rainwater in buckets or tubs from the roof and can use it for cleaning and sprinkling purposes.
5. Household hazardous waste: Substances like pesticides, old computer parts, paint cans, used batteries, etc. come in the category of hazardous waste. you should avoid keeping it near or down the drains of their home.
3 ways to keep the kids happy at home – Many things make a kid happy and it completely depends on their parents. Only parents can help their child to find happiness in their life and for this, they will have to give little extra efforts. In vacations, kids often get bored while staying at home because they don’t have any creativity to do. So, being a responsible parent you can help them to get out from this boring situation. You should pay attention to your kids when they are saying or want to discuss something. Behave like their friends instead of being a parent as it is the best way in which you can understand their needs. There are different things you can do for your kids:Read More
1) Bring home a four-legged friend: Your kids may miss their friends while staying at home and may get bored without having fun. So to add fun in their vacations you can bring a pet at home. Pets will keep them engaged as they will play with them like friends. Through them you kids can learn the lesson of empathy, loyalty and their love and attachment for animals will also increase. Pets help your kids to make them feel valued as well as competent.
2) Painting and art craftwork: The best way to engage with your kids is doing art and craftwork. It encourages them to learn new things. You can help them in making drawing and in paintings. Teach them about different colors and also help them to make crafts using the materials available at home. This way, they will learn how to reuse things. Sometimes, you can behave as their competent and tell them those who win will get rewards which will make your kids enthusiastic to win. You can also give puzzles to solve which will increase their mental capacity.
3) Planting trees in your garden area: Tell them about the importance of planting trees and make them aware of global warming. It will help to become responsible for the environment. So, bring the seedlings and teach them step by step process to plant the trees. You can tell your kids that the seedlings you are planting today are going to give you fruits in the future. This will increase their enthusiasm and they will take care of them by watering them regularly which will keep them engage and will also add fun to their daily activity.
Best summer drinks to impress with:
Bright colored fruity flavored drinks can easily beat up the summer and change your summer mood when you serve it with a full plate of barbecue. If you want to impress your friends and family, you can choose various summer drinks. Icy drinks with lemon and mint leaves are the best way to welcome your friends and provide them a refreshing feel. There are various summer drinks that can be made and served to beat the heat.Read More
Smoothies – Smoothies are not only refreshing but also healthy. There are several options to choose from and can be a perfect addition to your party menu.
Green smoothies – it is easy to make them at your home. Sweet fruits and fresh spinach is blended in the mixture grinder for making this drink. You can use mint leaves and ice for serving it cold. You can serve it in beautiful jars with color full straws.
Triple berry smoothies – three kinds of berries like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are used for making this drink. Vanilla yogurt used in the drink gives a beautiful color to your drink when you blend berries with it. Lavender color of drink makes it look attractive and your friends will not be able to resist themselves from tasting it.
2 – Juices – juices work as the best refreshment drinks in the party. So, you can add your desirable juice drink in your party menu.
Ginger green juice – cucumber, celery, apples, kale and ginger is used for making this drink. This green colored drink is a healthy one and it delicious taste will make others asking you for the recipe. You can also serve it as a side drink with various food items.
Strawberry lemonade – you need simple ingredients for preparing this juice. In this drink, you can use strawberries with lemonade which will not only make your drink tasty but also give a beautiful color to your drink. You can use lemon rings, mint leaves and ice for serving it in the best manner. Beautiful color and wonderful taste of your drink will surely impress your friends. You can also add some small pieces of strawberry for garnishing your drink. Refer Food&Drink category for various discount vouchers for the best deal while purchasing .
Best ways to save money on stag and hens party -Stag and hen parties are fun but they can be an additional expense on your already high wedding budget. But, if you really want to have a stag and hens party to celebrate your bachelorhood with your friends before your big day, there are some ways in which you can host a party at low costs. You can ask your friends to help and cooperate with you so that all of you can enjoy yourselves.Read More
Some ways to have a thrifty bachelor’s party are as follows:
House party – You can host the party at your own house or if you have a farm house, you can go there and enjoy with your friends. This way you can cut on heavy rent costs of hiring a place of resort . You can even arrange for food with every single person preparing and bringing just one dish, so you can have a variety of items. If you don’t want to cook, you can order food online, where you might get heavy discounts on bulk orders. Secrets can be shared while you enjoy the night.
The hag – How about calling people from both the bride and the groom’s side together to just one party? This way you can cut cost of two parties to half and have more fun. Most of your friends might be married or in a relationship, so they will also enjoy with each other. Couple games can be organized like paper dance or blindfolding a person and then they recognize their partner among others.
Handmade props – If you really want to host a party at some other place, you can take care of the decoration by yourself. A theme party would be perfect for this. You can call everyone coming for your party to prepare something handmade and then decorate the place by yourself. It will be really fun to play with the props and click photographs with them. You can also make titled sashe and give them to your friends as a souvenir.
Inexpensive fun activities – You can also arrange for an outing just with your girls/boys. Sign up for some fun activities or you can go to a theme park or water park. As you would be going in a group, you can easily get discounts on such places. Going to a park and playing games like dare, never have I ever, would also be another way to enjoy with your friends. Later, you can have food at a restaurant.Luxury resorts
10 ways to get fit
Today, many people are suffering one or the other disease and it is mainly due to their poor lifestyle. They are willing to make positive lifestyle changes so that they can lead a healthy life. If you do not want to spend on treatments then you will have to make little efforts which will surely take you towards a fit and healthy life.Read More
Therefore here are some top tips that you can follow.
- Balance diet – A healthy diet comprising of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grain, etc. is a must to have on a regular basis. You can also plan a diet chart with the help of expert. Balance diet keeps your digestive system healthy and helps you to stay fit.
- Drink water – It is essential to stay hydrated and thus it is suggested to about 64oz of water per day. It also aids in metabolism and burning the extra calories.
- Add protein in your diet – amino acid is one of the best sources for keeping your body muscles healthy and fit. So you should add protein rich food like egg, meat, etc. in your regular diet.
Exercise – exercising is essential to work out the muscles and it is also a great way to burn down those extra calories. Exercise helps you to keep your heart and lungs healthy and regulates blood circulation in your body
- Reduce stress level – stress is another cause that also causes various health issues. So if you want to stay healthy and fit then you should work on reducing the stress level from your body. Exercise, meditation, and your hobbies are some of the greatest ways to reduce stress level and stay fit.
- Hire a personal trainer – most of the people hire personal trainers for planning their daily routine. They help you to decide which kind of exercise and food will be healthy for you and how to stay healthy without doing more efforts.
- Control your bad habits – if you have habit of smoking, unsafe sex, drugs etc. then you should quit these habit because it leaves a negative impact on your health. With the help of trainers and healthy schedule you can also control your habit.
- Regular checkups – regular check up also ensures that you are health and fit. If you have insurance then you should not think about expenses and get your medical health checkups done without any worry.
- Better sleep – lack of sleep affects metabolism, produces stress hormones and disturbs the immune system as well. So, for staying fit and healthy it is also important for you to take proper sleep that allows your body to heal and repair itself.
- Eat raw food – you should also add raw food in your diet plan. Most of the people use raw food in their regular diet because it helps to control fat, cholesterol, sugar and carb level in the body.