It list out all tag related to Psychology
10 things you can do to reduce stress. With increasing competitions and challenges in life, we don’t realize the amount of stress we put on ourselves. The constant running to achieve something or the other all the time puts a lot of pressure on us. But if we are not careful, too much strain on us can lead to major physical and mental health issues for us. So, it’s important that we learn to release our stress from time to time by doing some small remedies.Read More
Listed here are 10 things that you can do to reduce your stress-
- Meditation – It has proved to be a very effective method to release your stress. There are many different ways of meditation like guided imagery, in which you imagine a happy place and visit there to calm yourself; or mindfulness, in which you live in the moment and take in your surroundings by focusing on them.
- Improving your lifestyle – You can improve your lifestyle by making small changes that will help you in the long run. These may include sleeping and waking up at a fixed time; eliminating junk food and including a more healthy diet; doing yoga or exercising; reducing caffeine intake.
- Leisure time activity – Find some time for your hobbies. It can be anything that you love doing. This will take your mind away from the daily work and make you feel satisfied and happy.
- Self-talk – This is also one of the most effective ways to reduce our stress. Talking and analyzing yourself is a great way for self-improvement because nothing is better than “expert advice”. But make sure that it should be a positive talk and not a negative one, else you would be feeling even more stressed out than before.
- Aromatherapy – You don’t need to spend money for this. Just light some scented candles in your room and play some light music. You will find that you will feel fresh and positive after this therapy.
- Family and friends – Spend quality time with your loved ones. Nothing beats a bear hug from a loved one. You will forget all the tension when you see smiles on their faces.
- Chew gum – If you are at a place where you can’t do much activity to reduce your stress, you can chew gum. It has been proved that people who chew gum tend to get less stressed, as it increases blood flow to the brain.
- Supplements – You can always take supplements prescribed by the doctors. Although, it is an effective method but don’t overdose yourself and keep it as the last option.
- Don’t agree to everything – Understand the fact that you are a human and not a machine. If you are not comfortable doing something, you should deny doing it. This will ensure your self-worth and boost up your confidence.
- Enjoy your life – The best way that you can reduce stress is enjoying whatever you do. If you don’t find peace in doing something, you should not continue it for a long time.
Let’s first talk about true self. So, what is the actual meaning of true self?
The true self is the core of you, the original you, unshaped by upbringing or society. This is the state you were born in and it is the state that still exists inside you. I know you might be thinking that does it means that we have to regress back to our childhood. If you think so, then the answer is NO!
This is so because, as you have grown physically, your true self has grown too. However, it is usually strongly guarded by the false self and, at first, might be difficult to reach.
Now, the question arises that what is false self?
Your false self can also be called your adapted self. This is that part of you that has altered behaviour, repressed feelings and has pushed your needs aside to fit in with others.
Let’s take an example to make this concept more clear. Take the example of onions. Imagine people are like onions. At the centre lies our true self, surrounded by layers we have developed through our lives as protection. These layers are our false self. The centre of the onion needs these protective layers to be able to survive.
False self is a misconception created by the society and the people. It is very important to find our true self. This might seem unrealistic and abstract, but this is the true essence of life. Following a small extract for false self:
If I am pretty, I will be more likeable.
If I have a lot of money, I am successful.
If I work hard or achieve more, I will have more value.
One glass of wine, and I’ll start feeling better.Refer Also